The TSCA was formed in 1994. It is a not for profit, non-government organisation and is jointly funded by the Tasmanian Department of Education and the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services. The TSCA supports the broader school community by ensuring a variety of healthy foods and drinks are served at the canteen.
This support is given through:
• the provision of resources and advice on food selection and menu planning
• assistance with achieving good canteen management and operations
• assisting with the development of policies around nutrition
• providing food safety information
• encouraging the healthy eating message to the whole school through canteen, classroom and school activities
• the delivery of seminars, newsletters, food expos and workshops for canteen managers, teachers and the school community
• the Canteen Accreditation Program team assisting schools to achieve a School Canteen Accreditation Award.
Phone: 03 62238023
Post: PO Box 169
If you would like to contact us with a compliment or complaint please click here to down load a client feedback form.
For further contact details click here